Well, I haven’t blogged regularly at ALL in quite awhile, but I wanted to post a wrapup of my writerly accomplishments this last year, if only so I’ll be able to look back on it one day.
It was definitely a slow year of writing, for me. I have difficulty writing when I’m stressed, so between that and spending a good deal of extra time on my copyediting business, the words were rather fewer than usual. But at least some writing happened!
2020 WRITING (ISH) ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Total words written: 76,160 (not my usual 100K+ but ah well)
- 53K of Tare/Kedran’s Wood books (starting book 3 for NaNo plus some edits on book 2)
- 12K of Operation Foxtail
- 11K on short stories — The Secret Piano (hopefully coming soon to a newsletter?), and three serial episodes of Girls, Spies, and Other Things the Faeries Stole. (I had written the first episode in 2019. The second was posted last January. So I have two more written, and one more planned, which would total 5 episodes. I hope to share them on here when I get the chance!)
- I also did some plotting and editing on various works, including making some exciting breakthroughs in various books!
I didn’t have home internet for the last 8 months of the year so any blogging that actually got done . . . I’ll take it. 😛
- Blog posts in 2020: 49
- Page Dreamer: 36
- Here (Road of a Writer): 13
I also focused more on my Instagram in this last year, largely due to said issue of a lack of internet aside from my phone. I can’t really blog on my phone but I can Instagram on it, sooo…
- 285 Bookstagram posts (daily posts aside from a couple of hiatus months and breaks when I got busy)
- Hit 800 followers
- I finally did more with themes, even seasonal ones (which was fun) — and aaall the flowers!
- Finally made a Linktree and some highlights. XD *is almost getting the hang of this Instagramming thing*
- Words copyedited or beta-read in 2020: 2.9 million words
- Novels/novellas copyedited: 15
- Short stories copyedited: 11
- Beta projects (for friends etc.): 8
- (Curious to know more about my freelance copyediting? Info is here! :))
- Writing journal pages: 136
- Won my 11th NaNoWriMo and 20th Camp NaNo (actually did two camp sessions this year)
- Attended Hutchmoot: Homebound online (delightful), as well as a one-day writing conference in January, and read 6 books on writing
- Sketched my character Teague
- Was “in print” for the second time (I mean, just like the first time, it was a private bindup collection for authors of the Modern Bard blog stories, so it’s not like it’s… available? But it was still neat to see A Night in the Life of Glassman printed in a real book, personal collection though it may be!)
- Set new word-sprinting records during November
- Got a new laptop (after 9 years of writing adventures with my first laptop)
So there is a brief (?) look at my 2020 in writing! Although the wordcount was less than I’d hoped, and I didn’t finish any novels (two-thirds into both Operation Foxtail and Kedran’s Wood 3), it still wasn’t a bad writing year, apparently. I’m quite happy with a lot of these things. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed that! Thanks for reading — and let me know if there’s a writing-ish accomplishment you’re proud of from last year!