I’m here today with two brief word-related tags: The Text Tag from Savannah @ Scattered Scribblings, and The Quote Tag from Mary @ Sunshine and Scribblings (all the scribblings! I love it. ❤ )! Thanks so much to both of you! ^_^ They both have absolutely lovely blogs that make me smile and laugh, so check ’em out, do!
The Text Tag
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them
- Answer the original 6 text-themed questions
- Add a typography/word related question for those you tag to answer
- Tag 6+ bloggers and notify them that you tagged them
- Include these rules in your post
1. What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
Maybe V? I’m also fond of T, if the beginning letter of most of my awesome characters is anything to go by… *cough*
2. What are three words you love?
Enigmatic, adamant, & grey (with an e; none of that American-spelling-with-an-a nonsense. ;)).
3. What are three words you hate?
Whoa, hate is a strong word. How about I hate the word “hate.” XD And also, erm, dislike shall we say… the words “humidity” and “procrastination” because of associations. 😉
4. If you could create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?
Oh, I create words all the time. XD One I made recently is Authorialdom, as in “That takes real authorialdom” — probably “the state of being a skilled writer” or some such. *nods*
5. What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
Parenthesis, ellipses, and dashes. (I use them — at least I think I do — the most . . .) *cough*
Well, those are favorites in that sense, but I’m also very fond of “quote-marks” and exclamation marks! And semi-colons; because they’re lovely and/or useful. *nods* And let’s not forget commas, and periods either. Can’t have them feeling left out. And question marks and colons: how can we leave them out? Now that is the question. I just love all punctuation marks, I guess. ^_^ *goes to look at Eats, Shoots & Leaves again to remember there are kindred souls out there*
6. What are your three favorite fonts?
Hmm. That’s tough. Well, here are at least three of my favorites:
(Apologies for the squiggly red lines; my spell-checker is under the erroneous assumption that my name is not a word. Ahem.)
7. Savannah’s Question: What is one word you are constantly misspelling?
Received. I literally spelled it wrong when I went to type it… I know that it’s “I before E except after C”
(and E before N in Chicken… *cough*Andy Griffith reference*cough*) but my fingers just want to say I-E. It’s bad. 😛 Most words I’m pretty good about though. *nods* It comes with being a perfectionist of the wordish variety that I am.
The Quote Tag
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Post a new quote everyday for 3 consecutive days
- Nominate 3 new bloggers every day you post a quote
I’m going to disobey this one slightly and instead of posting a quote three days in a row, I will just post 3 quotes right now. 😉 And I nominate anyone who wants to do it and hasn’t yet.
(The quote graphics were designed by me using Canva.com.)
“Fairytales are more than true — not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
— G.K. Chesterton
“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
— (attributed to Cicero)
“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
— J.R.R. Tolkien (from The Fellowship of the Ring)
Well! Wasn’t that a delightful wordish-exercise? ^_^ Do you have a favorite quote/word/letter/punctuation mark? Let me know in the comments!
And consider yourself tagged for both or either if you wish to do it!