Tag Catch-Up Post #6
Right before last NaNo arrived with all its madness, I was tagged by the awesome Sarah of Light and Shadows for the Best Blogging Buddies Award! Thank you so much, Sarah!! ^_^ (Everyone. Go read her blog. Now. It is delightful and fantasy-esque and one of my favorites of ever! <3)
Due to the nature of the time I received the B-B-B Award, I didn’t get to doing it then… but that’s what this week of posting is for, right? 😉 (One left for tomorrow!)
And I’m afraid I’m going to be very lazy and pay no attention to the rules and only answer the questions… Because I am out of it and my brain literally cannot come up with fifteen questions right now, and I have a dilemma because what with all these tags all week I’m running out of people to tag! (And I have so many fabulous blogging buddies and don’t want to leave anyone out!! o.o)
However, I’m going to answer the questions because they are awesome ones (Thanks, Sarah!) and if anyone wants to steal this award or questions or whatever, steal away!
Also due to said out-of-it-ness, my brain is too tired to go look for pictures for this post so… you’ll have to use your imagination. 😉 (I know, I know, it’s cruel of me, especially on a Saturday, to put you to all that work…! Ahem.)
1. What’s your favorite pizza topping combination?
Cheese and hamburger. I have kind of boring taste…
2. If you could go back and change one thing in history, what would you change?
Meh. Everything? XD Probably something in Celtic history or perhaps the outcome of the Civil War.
3. What’s the last book that made you cry/scream/however you express book-related emotional anguish?
That’s kind of hard because there have been a few books lately I’ve been super annoyed at, but I wouldn’t say they were actual emotional anguish! o.o Maybe Orphan’s Song by Gillian Bronte Adams, which I LOVED; there was also a certain character who I got so attached to but not and… gaahh, it was very emotional-anguish-y! Of the best kind, of course! 😉 So yeah, probably that (unless unpublished books count, in which case… *points accusingly at Mirriam Neal* Creating book-related emotional anguish is basically her job description…).
4. Is there a popular (but more or less appropriate) song that you avoid like the plague? If so, what is it?
I can’t think of one in particular because I don’t listen to a lot of music that I don’t pick… In general though, if it’s rap or jazz, I’ll avoid it plague-ishly…
5. Do you want to learn another language? If so, which language(s)?
I would love to learn Gaelic/Irish/Welsh/Elvish… but I lack the fortitude and patience to do so. 😛 It would be awesome, though!
6. If you were given the opportunity to change places with a book character so you could try to do a better job than they did, would you? If so, which character?
No. I would definitely not have the nerve… There are plenty that I feel were idiots and that I know better then them, but… I just wouldn’t dare. 😛
7. Also, if you said yes in question 6, do you think you’d succeed? (Be honest!) How would your presence change the story?
I didn’t say yes, but even if I did, I don’t think I’d succeed. My presence in any story would probably only change it in a negative (i.e., this character is too terrified to do ANYTHING and is sitting in a closet reading!) way. XD
8. If you lived in a fantasy/sci-fi world, what job would you want?
Librarian, please! I’d live among the dusty shelves full of tomes and I’d help people find the ones they wanted and all of the awesome planning scenes would happen with me lurking (safely) in the background and in between I’d just read and read.
9. Cookies, kudos, awesomeness points, or something else?
Cookies! Always cookies. Or… Maybe cake. Because cake is good. *nod nod* *hands out cake to everyone*
10. Are you ready for fall?
Since I was tagged with this before NaNo, I’m guessing that’s why this question was here, but honestly YES. We haven’t actually had too much hot weather yet, but the summer is not my favorite time of year, temperature-wise. So even though summer’s kind of only barely here, YES I’m ready for fall! (Except that with fall comes NaNo and I’m SO not ready for that… O_O)
11. If you were going to dress up as a character from a book/movie/TV show/etc. (like for a costume party or convention), who would you dress up as?
Probably Eowyn. I’d wear a gorgeous but simple dress with flowing sleeves, and carry a sword around. It would be awesome.
12. Do you like romance in stories? Why or why not?
Yes, I do! Not as the main focus, usually, but I do like an occasional sweet romance. I think it adds a lot to the story and can be fun to watch the characters being clueless in love, heehee. …Okay, so I’m kind of a hopeless romantic at times. If I like the girl and love the guy involved, I just enjoy reading about them.
13. What are you really excited for right now?
Independence Day! I’m looking forward to spending the Fourth eating watermelon and ice cream sandwiches and watching fireworks.
14. What book/movie/TV villain would you most want to show up on your doorstep? (Or, to phrase it another way, which would you be least opposed to showing up on your doorstep?)
It depends if I had adequate protection. XD But as long as I knew they wouldn’t hurt me or anyone near me or burn my house down… Maybe Guy of Gisborne or Bucky or… someone like that.
15. If you were going to give yourself a personal title thing (e.g. the Taleweaver, the Pathfinder, etc.), what would it be?
Um… the… Penner of… Tales? I really have no idea. I’m not really good at naming myself. XD
16. What are you going to do now?
Go finish my tea and read, hopefully… There’s some books I’m supposed to review, and you can’t review something you haven’t finished, am I right?? So I will press onward with heroic valor, read the books, and prevail at the last! *fanfare of trumpets*
Happy Saturday, y’all!