It’s somehow April so it’s time for a recap of March! (Don’t worry, it’s fun stuff. XD) The latest in my writing, reading, watching, listening, and blogging life!
After being stuck and not writing anything for longer than I’d care to think about, I finally wrote a couple thousand words of Operation Foxtail in March — which felt really good, since I hadn’t touched it since NaNo! So that makes me happy, even if it wasn’t a lot. Hoping to continue that momentum with Camp NaNo this month!
I read so much in March! :O I haven’t been reading this much in awhile so I’m kind of surprised. XD
Check out yesterday’s Book Ishness post on my book blog for quick thoughts on the books I read last month!
- I finished my re-watch of the first season of Castle, and finished the episodes of Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye that I have, though unfortunately it’s not a full season. Those were fun!
- I re-watched Howl’s Moving Castle for March Magics and had a blast!
- And I got Mortal Engines for my birthday, so I watched that last month . . . twice . . . XD I saw it in theaters last year and loved it and I’m really happy that I own it now! It’s just . . . really fun and I’m not sure why I love it but for some reason I do! It’s just fun. 🙂
- Not pictured, I also watched a smidge of NCIS.
- I AT LAST finished listening to If Wishes Were Curses by Janeen Ippolito and had a really enjoyable time with that. ^_^ NA Urban Fantasy isn’t something I’ve really read but it’s interesting! And quite fun. 😀 I just started listening to the sequel so I’m looking forward to that.
- I listened to Skillet’s latest album, Victorious, quite a lot this last month. I love their music and hadn’t really listened to this one yet so it’s been great.
- I also re-listened to Brittany Jean’s fun album Wander with Me (I wrote a review for it once!), and her new single, On the Edge of Wave and World — which is actually a poem in Jenelle Leanne Schmidt’s amazing book Minstrel’s Song! So that makes me happy. 😀 Brittany Jean has a new album releasing this week! Check her out. ^_^
- And I listened to the very tip of the iceberg that is Andrew Peterson’s music. I just never really listened to his stuff, but after reading Adorning the Dark I wanted to try, so I listened to a small handful and need to do more of that because so far I think I really like his music. (I don’t have internet in my room currently, so it’s just . . . more difficult for me to get around to remembering to listen to music when I’m online. So I’m going to have to make a conscious effort to listen to more. XD)
- Random story: I sometimes hear “Is He Worthy?” on the radio (I think Chris Tomlin sings it?) and didn’t really think much about it, but my mind was blown when I realized that Andrew Peterson wrote it?? Like. How cool is that! I always liked it and didn’t realize it was written by the author of the Wingfeather books, and I love Andrew Peterson’s version of it. ❤
Not much went on in March other than the obvious — and I’m kind of tired of hearing about . . . you know . . . so I’m not really talking about it. XD
Life hasn’t been too different for me, since I’m usually mostly home anyway, but I did miss getting to see some friends, and I don’t really have extra time like many people seem to right now, so that’s . . . interesting.
In fun news, I had a birthday (yay cake and books!), celebrated Saint Patrick’s Day at home by wearing lots of Celtic jewelry, and started a new Instagram theme that I’m excited about! (Blue flowerssss!)
Here, have some pics.
Here are my March posts on my two blogs!
March Magics posts:
Reviews posted in March:
Other than miscellaneous work-from-home projects (which, let’s be honest, I already do, so it’s not like much has changed for me) like editing, the main thing that’s up right now is CAMP NANO!
We’re already nearly half done this Camp month, and I’ve had some ups and downs on it, but I’m happy that I’m writing at all, because I’ve had a bit of a writer’s block problem and it’s also hard for me to write when I’m distracted, busy, or stressed. So any writing is progress!
My goal is 10K words and I’m working on Operation Foxtail! ^_^
So that was my March. Thanks for reading! I hope you’re all hanging in there and reading good books. ❤ And good luck to anyone who’s doing Camp (buddy me!) — you can do it!