Happy blogoversary to meeee!
That’s right, The Road of a Writer is turning 4 YEARS OLD!
So I’m celebrating by reminiscing, sharing some numbers and links, and giving away some fantasy novels!
It’s crazy to think it’s been so long since I started this li’l ol’ online way-post on the writing road… It’s been quite a journey, I’ve learned so much along the way, and I’ve definitely been enjoying it. It’s grown so much that I had to start a spinoff blog just for my reviewing and bookish posts! I love blogging. ^_^
Thanks so much to all of you for reading The Road of a Writer, commenting, encouraging, and generally putting up with my shenanigans — it means a lot! I’m supposed to be a writer, but in this case I don’t think there are words to say how I feel about you all… So. JUST — THANK YOU. ❤ *virtual hugs and cupcakes all around*
- 4 years
- 250 posts (yes, last week‘s was my 250th!)
- 470 followers (plus linked Twitter followers, hence the 789 number on the side; full disclosure. XD)
- 5,562 comments
- 10,328 visitors
- 33,910 views
- 9,043,930,894,038,098 hours spent trying to find the right gifs (okay, I exaggerate slightly… *cough*)
Top commenters of late (I think based on the last 1000 comments?):
- Madeline J. Rose
- inkteardrops (Skye)
- (Thank you so much, you guys! <3)
- But really, if you’ve ever posted a comment on here, you’re my hero. Comments are my fave. So THANK YOU! ❤
Most popular posts I’ve posted:
- Checklist: 30 Things To Do For NaNo Prep (This is by far my most-viewed post; it’s been viewed 1155 times. Apparently it’s popular. XD)
- Most Epic Heroine Nominations! #SilmAwards2017
Most-viewed posts from this year (after the ones above):
These Are a Few of My Favorite Things
Here are some of my favorite posts from the past four years…
CHARACTER INTERVIEWS, ETC.
- A Postcard from Camp (Camp NaNo with Tare, Bremask, and a griffin)
- (Not?)Valentines: Teague & Meridian (Beautiful People)
- From An Annoyed Character
- Q&A with Tare, Or: “Could You Not Ask Me That?” (Part 1) (Part 2)
- Character Interview Attempt (in which I tried to interview the outlaw Bithoa)
- Blogoversary Shenanigans (in which several of my characters across several of my books try to throw me a party and chaos ensues)
ABOUT MY SERIES (because I’m nostalgic. XD)
ABOUT MY FAVORITE BOOKS
ABOUT NANOWRIMO ADVENTURES
- November Saga, a.k.a. That Time That I Had a Mid-NaNo Crisis, Accidentally Became a Rebel, And Was Extremely Confused
- Fifty (Doing NaNoWriMo on a Roadtrip)
SOME FAVORITE WRITINGS OF MINE
- Presenting the Winner of the Strangest Character Silmaril Award! (Written in rhyme as Tom Bombadil)
- Wintertale: A Short Story
In the tradition of Hobbit birthdays, wherein Hobbits on their birthday give away presents to other people, I’m giving away four books to my lovely followers to say THANK YOU for being amazing and putting up with my shenanigans. 🙂 I’d like to share the love on some of my favorite fantasy novels, which is why I’ve chosen these to give away.
What I am giving away:
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (paperback; US)
- The Bone House by Stephen R. Lawhead (paperback; US)
- The Book of Three by Lloyd Alexander (paperback; US)
- Mossflower by Brian Jacques (paperback; US)
And alternate giveaway to enter internationally:
- The Beast of Talesend by Kyle Robert Shultz (ebook; International)
Notes on each of these:
- I do not entirely approve of the Hobbit movies, but I love this cover of The Hobbit all the same. XD If you’re not fortunate enough to have read this book yet, or don’t own a copy of your own, do enter this one! Or, ya know, if you already have a copy and want to give one as a gift to a friend/niece/nephew/neighbor/anybody — still enter! 😉
- The Bone House is book 2 in the Bright Empires series, and I DO NOT recommend reading it unless you have read book 1, The Skin Map; but feel free to enter this one if you’ve read the first book and haven’t gotten around to the second yet (or, ya know, promise to get the first one and read it first. XD) — it’s one of my favorites! ^_^
- The Book of Three is book 1 in the Prydain Chronicles; HIGHLY recommend; this is an ex-library book donated to Salvation Army, so it’s a readable copy and in good shape but with stickers/markings/etc.
- Mossflower is a “prequel” to Redwall, but can stand alone, and it’s my favorite of the Redwall books. ❤
- The paperback giveaway is for US residents only — sorry international peeps! I love you all the same! And to prove it, I also am giving away an ebook copy of The Beast of Talesend by Kyle Robert Shultz, so this one is open internationally!
You can enter via the form below — and you can pick which of the giveaways you would like to enter, so if you already have one or more of these, or for some reason do not wish to enter some of them, you can easily pick which one(s) you’d like to enter.
Details: Five winners — one for each book. Paperback giveaway open to US addresses only. Ebook giveaway open Internationally. (I’ve never tried giving away an ebook internationally so HOPEFULLY it will work…) Giveaways are open Monday, September 11 – Sunday, September 17, 2017. Winners will be listed here as an “EDIT” and also contacted by email, on Monday, September 18. So check back on this post on that day to see the winners!
EDIT: The winners have been chosen and contacted! Thanks so much to everyone who entered. 🙂
- Winner of The Hobbit: Maddy
- Winner of The Bone House: Savannah Grace
- Winner of The Book of Three: Florid Sword
- Winner of Mossflower: Emily Drown
- Winner of The Beast of Talesend ebook: Skye