Today you are in for a list of facts about me, and some questions posed to me by the fabulous Tracey! More on that in a minute…
I’m rolling a couple of things together for the facts… because four different people tagged me for two different tags where you list a number of facts about yourself… which would equal that number times 4, and I can’t come up with that many. 😄 So, rolled into one it shall be…
And I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Sarah @ Light & Shadows and Victoria @ A Gathering of Dreams (actually at the same time as the Favorite Villains tag, which I did awhile back, but didn’t get around to this half of until now). Many thanks!
Check out aaaall 4 blogs at once, please! I COMMAND IT. Cuz they’re awesome. ^_^
And I’m doing 12 facts about me (if I can come up with that many… *sweats*) because I like that number and arbitrarily decided to use it. *nods*
A Dozen Facts About Yours Truly (that’s me)
- My favorite color is a forest/emerald green, though I’ve recently become quite fond of light blue as well. (I’m sure you couldn’t tell that from my recent blog re-design. *cough*)
- I have blog posts for this blog planned out for the rest of the year! I feel specially on top of things. ^_^
- …It is extremely rare for me to feel on top of things. 😛 (Don’t worry, it won’t happen again. *cough*)
- I own a viking helmet, which is handy for NaNo writing events, and also for being a Small Home Repair Viking (in the words of Hiccup).
- On that note, every time I do a little repair job around the house like fix a doorknob or something, I call myself a Small Home Repair Viking. (That was extremely random…)
- In case you didn’t know, I am a short person in a world of tall people (see “small” above). Like 5′ 1” or 5′ 2”? I haven’t measured in awhile.
- Quotes! I love quotes. I quote movies and books (and even gifs and memes!) a lot in real life. Inside references are cool. ^_^ (As are bowties?)
- Case in point: One does not simply come up with 12 facts about oneself. Ahem. (I made this one. I couldn’t help it.)
- As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before, I’m an introvert. But most people don’t believe that because I’m talkative when I get together with people, and I am rather enthusiastic online. (I! 🙂 Blame! ^_^ The! 😀 Exclamation! 😛 Points!!! And! 😄 Emoticons! O_O And! :O CAPS! c: LOCK! .-.)
- Seriously though, introvert. The fear of talking with people (Waiters! Phone calls! Doorbells! Oh, horror!) is real. *scurries away to hide behind a tapestry for 94 years*
- I do my best (read: most dramatic/epic, and/or funny/crazy) writing late at night. Some of my favorite scenes (especially involving Tare, who’s a natural night-owl) and must amusing (I hope?) blog posts were written late at night. My brain apparently turns on full crazy inspiration mode when I want to be asleep.
- It took me a ridiculously long amount of time to come up with these facts. Remind me never to do it again. 😄
Aaand I’m also doing an Infinity Dreams Award tag from Tracey @ Adventure Awaits. Thanks so much, Tracey! ❤ (Everyone, go check out her simply delightful blog at once, do you hear? You won’t regret it.)
I’m not doing a vlog for this one, sorry. 😄 And I’m kinda-sorta just answering the questions, since I already did some facts up there. *nods*
Rules: 11 facts, 11 questions, 11 nominees
Infinity Dreams Award Questions
What’s your current favorite song?
Tell Your Heart to Beat Again by Danny Gokey… and has been all year so far. 😉
In the context of either reading or writing (or both): do you prefer standalones or series?
I usually prefer standalones, but I can get into series if I love it enough.
Case in point: Most of my stories are standalones, but the ones I get addicted to, or have a side character who wants a spinoff novel, tend to turn into series: Starrellia, Kedran’s Wood, Heartseeker/Heartsinger, and Underground Rainbow/Painting Rainbows. But the rest are standalones… and believe me, there’s a LOT of them. 😉
As for reading, I like standalones because then I don’t feel like I have to read a lot more all at once… but if I’m enjoying a book enough, I’ll want it to have a sequel or three, if that makes sense.
Have you ever met a book or movie character who was a lot like you? If so, who?
Nope. Unless Tare (minus his awesomeness and the fact that he’s a guy) counts. 😄
And I’m not like her, but I want to be like Wilhelmina from The Bright Empires series by Stephen R. Lawhead (of which I’ve thus far read The Skin Map and The Bone House). She’s amazing. ❤
What’s your biggest pet peeve as a reader?
Unhappy endings; tied with characters I love dying. Nope, nope and NOPE.
Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or supper?
Supper, except that we call it dinner around here…
What’s been inspiring you this week?
Music for my works in progress. ❤
What does a perfect day look like for you?
An uninterrupted spread of time in which I have nothing I’m obligated to do, and can spend the entire time curled up reading a good book or two and typing away with loads of inspiration (and maybe some good music and a hot chocolate) to write a few scenes of a story. Yummy meals of sausage, ABC (Apple, Bacon, Cheese) sandwiches and Fettuccine Alfredo or Tortellini may be involved too.
OR spend the day at a library or bookstore. *nods*
If the world was flat, and you came to the edge of it, what would you like to find there?
Hum. Either a sea of chocolate (can you tell I’m hungry while I’m writing this?), or else the edge of the world dropping out into the velvety black of space sprinkled with the shining diamonds of stars, in which you could float off the edge of the world and drift among the stars (which would look like Silmarils) with none of that boring science-y stuff about no oxygen and planets and stuff. 😛
If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
Learn not to procrastinate, please.
With what word would you like others to describe you?
I… have no idea. >.> *shuffles nervously*
What’s one book that changed your life?
I’m picking three, please and thank you. 😉 The Bible, The Lord of the Rings, and Howl’s Moving Castle.