Oh, is it not Friday? Surprise! You get this giveaway post a day early because it’s a SPECIAL DAY. But I’m also doing an extra tag today as well.
Today being Bilbo’s and Frodo’s birthday (happy birthday!), it’s a Lord of the Rings themed giveaway, naturally!
But first I’m also doing a bonus tag (LOTR themed of course) because I saw it on Pinterest (originally from Tumblr I believe) and thought it would be fun, so I couldn’t resist doing it today. 🙂
It seems to be more movie- than book-oriented, but hey, I’ll give it a shot all the same. 😉 Answers are some inconsistent mix of movie/book answers.
- Favorite Film — The Return of the King. So much epic and amazingness, not to mention the incredible music. ❤
- Favorite Battle — Um. Not sure. Tie between Helm’s Deep and the Pelennor Fields I guess?
- Favorite Character — Faramir. He’s the best. ❤ (We will NOT talk about how his character was ruined in The Two Towers movie… though I still love him in the movies, just… it’s atrocious how they changed him.)
- Scene That Makes You Cry — Boromir’s death. *sniffle*
- Scene That Makes You Laugh — “Shall I describe it to you? Or would you like me to find you a box?”
- Ugliest Orc — All of them.
- Favorite Antagonist — WHAT EVEN DOES THIS MEAN? Gollum, maybe?
- Gondor or Rohan — Rohan I guess. I love their culture and horses and green fields and Fangorn forest.
- Favorite Hobbit — Merry! He’s just so fun and awesome and the best. (Or Bilbo if we’re talking about the Hobbit movies, because Martin Freeman as Bilbo is perfection.)
- OTP (translation: One True Pairing, a.k.a. favorite romantic couple) — Faramir and Eowyn. They’re my precious. ❤
- BROTP (translation: favorite best-friend brotherly friendship) — In the book: Aragorn and Eomer maybe? In the movie, Aragorn and Legolas and Gimli as a threesome.
- Favorite Location — Rivendell, maybe? I’d love to vacation there… or Lothlorien… or anywhere.
- Favorite Weapon — You can’t go wrong with Legolas’s bow & arrows.
- Favorite Outfit — Eowyn’s white dress, or maybe her green one, or Arwen’s red/black dress… and an Elven cloak too, please!
- Favorite Armor — Faramir’s white tree of Gondor leather armor.
- Favorite Female Character — Eowyn. She’s fabulous.
- Elves or Dwarves? — Elves. They’re splendid. ^_^
- Coolest Visual Effect — I’m rather fond of Legolas jumping up onto his horse when they’re riding against the wargs in The Two Towers. 😉
- Weirdest Screencap — I… don’t even know.
- Saddest Character Death — Thorin in the movie. D:
- Most Inspiring Moment — Both times the Rohirrim show up over a ridge at sunrise to save the day against the forces of evil; also Sam’s “I can’t carry it for you — but I can carry you!” And so many others. ❤
- Character You Pity Most — Gollum.
- Least Favorite Character — Denethor. He is… not a nice person. <.< Ugh.
- Scariest Moment — Everything with the Black Riders in the first movie.
- Favorite Quote — “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
- Favorite Larger-Than-Life Foe — Does this mean scariest? In which case the Witch-King of Angmar a.k.a. leader of the Black Riders.
- Isengard or Mordor? — Hmm… Isengard, because it’s not as scary and the tower of Orthanc looks nicer. Pretty spikes and no fiery red eyeball at the top. *nods*
- Ents or Eagles — BOTH. (We will also not talk about how they ruined the Ents in the movies or how the Eagles didn’t talk. >.> AHEM.)
- Your LOTR Collection — You can see the stack of my books here, anyway…
- How You Got Into LOTR — I talked about it in this post for the 62nd birthday of LOTR a couple months ago… But it started with reading The Hobbit when I was hobbit-sized myself, and then listening to the Lord of the Rings audiobooks. The rest is history. *nods*
Aaand, here it is, folks!
The third and final giveaway to celebrate my third blogoversary! 🙂
3 different winners, as usual.
One winner will receive this beautiful boxed-set of The Lord of the Rings (in case you’re a sad mortal who doesn’t own the books — please only enter this part of the giveaway if you don’t own a copy of them yourself and/or haven’t read them, or if you plan to give a copy to someone you know or something, to share the love! ^_^).
A second winner will win this art print of one of my favorite quotes from The Fellowship of the Ring (“All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” — yes, that’s the book wording, not the movie one. *cough*), handlettered in blue calligraphy and gold pen by yours-truly.
And for the third winner… I was given some Smaug/dragon temporary tattoos once, which I have not used but figured someone out there might like, so I’m offering them as the third prize of this giveaway. 🙂
3 winners. Due to shipping costs, this giveaway is open to US residents only. Giveaway will run from today (Thursday, Sept. 22) until Thursday, September 29. Winners (3) will be chosen and contacted by email and also announced here on my blog, on September 30, 2016.
Well what are you waiting for? Enter below! ^_^
EDIT: The winners have been announced! Thanks for participating!
(If the embedded form below doesn’t work for you, you can find it here.)