- Post the picture
- Link back to the person who tagged you
- List 10 things you’d buy or do if you had a million dollars (preferably writing-related, but whatever works)
- Tag some other writers
(Keep in mind this is for fun, so if I ACTUALLY suddenly got a million dollars, I’d probably do things a lot differently, for actual life things and for others, etc., but still. This is focusing on writerly things…)
- Get a new laptop after mine is gone. I love my current one but it’s turning 5 years old next month and the wear and tear is beginning to get to it… (Battery lasts like 3 minutes, overheats, cable is bent, mouse clicker is loose, the “A” key has a tendency to fall off, etc…) It’s working surprisingly well though, those little things aside, and I’m so thankful for that! I so hope it will last a long time…
- Books. Looots of books.
- More bookshelves. To hold the lots of books.
- …A new house to hold the bookshelves. Preferably a lovely piece of forested land somewheres. *nods* There would be a whole room at least devoted to being a library…
- I would also give SO many books of various kinds to friends. It would be absolutely lovely.
- Go to a few writer’s conferences. (You thought I was going to get totally distracted by bookish things and forget the writing part, right? XD)
- DASH AROUND THE COUNTRY AND VISIT ALL MY WRITER FRIENDS!! That would totally be inspirational, and just downright fun. ❤
- Travel to the British Isles. I’d spend several months exploring Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, England, the Isle of Man…
- Open a bookstore probably. Because why not. And it would have comfy nooks for reading, and sell coffee and snacks (probably snacks from books) and have a meeting room in the back for writer meetings, and…
- Publishing. Possibly self-publish my books if I could afford to get the word out and do everything right as far as covers/editing/marketing etc.? (Or maybe I could just be so well off that I meet the right higher-ups people in some big publishing company, which would be awesome too. *shrug*)
Bonus — 11: Start a writer/bookish conference of my own somewhere near where I live and entice all my writer/bookish friends to come see me there! …Actually I should seriously do this one. *nods* CALLING ALL TEXAN AUTHORS/WRITERS/BLOGGERS/BOOKWORMS — WANNA MEET IN THE MIDDLE SOMEWHERE? 😛