This is it, guys!
Beginning today and running through July 28th, each day one more winner of the Silmarillion Awards 2016 will be announced on the blogs of the hosters of these awards!
It’s going to be exciting for everyone, even me, since I only know the winner of the award I’m hosting… So we all get to be surprised, and I’m waiting curiously just like the rest of you!
Each of the hosters will be having a character from The Lord of the Rings over on our blogs to present the award to the fan-voted winner of each category. It’s going to be so much fun and I can’t wait to see all the posts!
Below is the posting schedule, and I’ll be updating each link throughout the next week-and-a-half as the posts go live. 🙂
- Sat. July 16 – Best Fantasy Weapon (E. Rawls)
- Mon. July 18 – Most Epic Hero (Madeline J. Rose)
- Tues. July 19 – Most Nefarious Villain (Abbey)
- Wed. July 20 – Best Redemption Story (J. L. Mbewe)
- Thurs. July 21 – Best Fantasy Mount (Jack Lewis Baillot)
- Fri. July 22 – Riddling and Poetry (Tracey)
- Mon. July 25 – Wisest Counsellor (Zachary Totah)
- Tues. July 26 – Strangest Character (Me)
- Wed. July 27 – Most Faithful Friend (DJ Edwardson)
- Thurs. July 28 – Most Heart Wrenching Death Scene (Jenelle Schmidt)
- Fri. July 29 – TOLKIEN PARTY! This is the day we celebrate the birthday of The Lord of the Rings!
BONUS: Don’t forget that on July 29th, we’re having an online Tolkien party!
How can you join in? Simple — just do some sort of post about something Lord-of-the-Rings-ish, to celebrate our love for that great work of art on the 62nd birthday of its publication! 🙂
You can post on your blog, or Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/wherever! And you can use the hashtag #SilmAwards2016, and also drop by Jenelle’s site when the time comes, where she’s going to have a linkup so you can add your links!
I have a few book reviews coming out this week, hopefully, and I’ll have my post for the Strangest Character Silmaril award winner on Tuesday, July 26th, so watch out for those! 🙂
Meantime, I hope you’re as excited about the wrapping up of these just-for-fun fan-voted bookish fantasy awards as I am!
Have a lovely weekend, all! ^_^