I’m way overdue for a Liebster Award blog post, as I’ve been given it by three people — one in March, one in April, and one back a couple Decembers ago before I even had a blog… But I’m finally going to do them!
The rules to the Liebster Award as I’ve encountered it seem to usually be along these lines:
1. Thank the person who tagged you and link back to them
2. List a number (it seems to vary) of facts about yourself
3. Answer the questions given you by your tagger
4. Give the same number of questions for the next people to answer
5. Tag that number of people (who are supposed to have less than 200 followers)
6. Inform the tagged ones that they have been nominated
Since there are so many questions, instead of listing random facts about me I’m just going to answer the questions. And I’ll try to follow the less-than 200 thing but it’s sometimes hard to know.
*proceeds to answer 32 random questions* (This may get long…)
Lisa of God’s Daughter 4 Ever tagged me, and since she didn’t give questions but answered the questions given to her and the questions given to the person before her, she said to pick 11 of the 22 questions to answer, so I have… Thank you, Lisa dear!
1. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Um. I think I’ll pick “food”. That way I have all my options covered…
2. Do you have a favorite letter?
Not really… L’s are nice. And I seem to be strangely addicted to giving characters names starting with T’s.
3. Chocolate or peanut butter?
Chocolate all the way! Or… nutella.
4. Which is your favorite hair color: pink, blue, or green?
All of those are rather unusual, and though I love the color green I’m going to have to go with blue because I think it looks the least weird as a hair color. (Or maybe I could say purple… I have a character with purple hair.)
5. Do you work well under pressure or snap?
Depends. If it’s NaNoWriMo, then an intriguing combination of the two…
6. What’s your favorite music genre/band?
Celtic music and beautiful soundtracks are my favorite genres. My favorite band is probably The Chieftains.
7. Do you like to bake?
Sometimes, when I feel like it.
8. Batman or Superman?
Batman if I have to choose between the two. But I’ll just pick Hawkeye instead.
9. What was/is your best subject in school?
Anything relating to writing and words and English and stuff. Maybe history too.
10. Do you do your own thinking or allow others to just give you the information?
I try to do my own thinking, but it is useful to have others give me information to think about…
11. What’s your favorite ink color?
Plain ol’ black. ‘Tis pretty.
1) What inspires you?
Music. Pretty pictures. Walking in the woods.
2) Sunrises or sunsets and why?
Sunsets. There’s just something about the evening drawing to a close and the pretty colors in the sky, and then the stars coming out. (That, and I don’t usually get up early enough to see the sunrise…)
3) If you could breed two animals together to defy the laws of nature what new animal would you create?
I wouldn’t want to do that, but as far as fantasy hybrid animals go, I’ve always thought Griffins were cool.
4) What’s the last thing you took a picture of?
Some cool looking old steps at a State Park.
5) If you could learn any language fluently what would it be and why?
Gaelic/Irish/Welsh/all the Celtic languages. Because I love Celtic things. Plus, pretty.
6) What is the name of your alter ego and why?
I’m not sure I have an alter ego…
7) Have you ever used the phrase “back in my time” to someone younger than you?
Yep. Which is humorous considering “back in my time” wasn’t so very long ago…
8) Do you have any unusual fears or phobias?
Does talking on the phone count? Because I really don’t like doing that.
9) Do you prefer to wash in the mornings or evenings?
10) What’s the funniest rumor you started?
I’m not very good at rumors, humorous or otherwise…
A very very long time ago (seriously, we’re talking ancient history here) I was tagged by the lovely Mirriam Neal, even though I didn’t have a blog at the time. So since I do have one, since they’re such fun questions, I’m going to go ahead and do it, late though I may be. Thanks a million, Mirri!
1. Do you create playlists for your novels when you write, or do you write better without music?
Usually when I write I have inspirational music on. But sometimes I’ll find songs or tunes that go really well with a story or character I’m writing, in which case I’ll listen to those. I don’t usually make playlists for specific books, but I’ve been starting to do that more lately.
2. Is there anything you have given up in order to be able to write?
. . . My sanity? Oh, sorry, no, wrong answer. *cough* I’d say I’ve lost a lot of sleep. Staying up late, or getting up at 2 a.m. to write a scene that’s bugging me to write it. Seiously, what’s sleep when there’s a story to write?
3. What character (not your own) has moved or inspired you the most? Why?
Um . . . I have no idea how to answer this one. I can’t think of one in particular.
4. Have you ever seen a real-life version of your character walking down the street?
Sadly, no. Online very occasionally though…
5. Have you ever been inspired by something completely random and strange?
Oh yes. Random and strange things are absolutely fantastic. They are my friends.
6. Have you ever come up with a fantastic idea, only to find out that someone in the past stole it from you?
ALL. THE. TIME. But worse than finding it in the past is already having written an idea, and suddenly everyone else has it, but you *know* you had it first . . ! This happens to me more than I would like.
7. Is there one thing people tend to say all the time that you absolutely hate?
I can’t think of anything like that right now . . . and I’m wondering if that is a bad thing or not. *laughs*
8. Is there a Tumblr you go to for inspiration?
Nope. I’ve never understood Tumblr. There are several friend’s Pinterests however that are highly inspirational…
9. What does your writing space look like?
I started by describing it, but . . . a picture’s worth a thousand words. So here’s a glimpse of it.
In general, I almost always have to have an outline before I write something. When I’m ready to do some writing, I tend to turn on my music and close my door, shutting myself into the world of my story, and generally hope to have at least an hour of uninterrupted writing time (probably why I don’t write as often as I should). Sometimes I act the scene out a bit or reimagine it in my head. And occasionally I find inspiration by sitting outside to write. If “routine” is supposed to mean “habit or particular time I write”, I’m afraid I don’t have those… Which I need to change.
11. Have you ever been struck with creative lightning at an inappropriate time?
YES. The middle of the night is the most common . . . I have fortunately taken to always having something around to take notes on. Seriously, ideas, pick some better times, won’t you? (But really, I don’t care. Inspiration, you may strike whenever you wish. I’ll be here waiting . . .)
And now to pass it along.
11 Questions for the Tagged Ones:
1. Do you name your electronics?
2. What color is your hair?
3. Do you prefer libraries or bookstores?
4. At this moment, if you could magically have any kind of food (or drink) what would you wish for?
5. If you had to pick between never drinking tea or coffee again, which would you choose?
6. Who is your latest favorite character that you’ve “met” and why?
7. Do you own multiple unused journals/notebooks and if so how many?
8. In your writing, are you a plotter or a pantser?
9. What’s your favorite genre?
10. Favorite theme song from TV or movie?
11. Happy endings? Tragic? Bittersweet?
Hmm… Since I just did the Sunflower tag recently, I’m going to try to tag other people. This might be hard…
Morgan or Rachel (or both) at Of Kings and Cabbages
If you do it, be sure to link back here or come back and comment to say you did, so I can read your answers!
Readers, be sure to check out their blogs because they’re awesome. 🙂